Our private client in Creve Coeur, lover of modern-minimalist Architecture, hired us to help her create a simpler way of living. Designing the home in a collaboration meeting full of sketches with the client and builder, Blue Brick Construction, we arrived at the master floor plan solution in 90 minutes! The homeowner, no stranger to decision making as a well known St. Louis business owner loved the floor plan in no time at all. The home’s western face is primarily glass that provides light most of the day. Neighboring trees filter the light in the evening.
Creating a modern home is a rare opportunity in St. Louis, and we thank the homeowner for choosing us to help her create her super-green dream home!
The home features these elements:
- Built in structural insulation panels (SIPs)
- Site applied stucco exterior
- Stay-in-place concrete insulated forms for the basement
- Super insulated flat truss roof system
- White Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) roof to reflect heat
- Solar panels for electric
- Solar water heat
- Geothermal heating and cooling system